Sacked boss of the Kogi Internally Generated Revenue, Mr. Aliyu Onfa Salami has been appointed by governor Yahaya Bello to head the state Economic advisory council.
Salami was sacked unceremoniously last year and replaced by a care taker committee headed by the state Commissioner for Finance, Budget and Economic Planning, Asiwaju Asiru Idris before the eventual appointment of a substantive boss for the agency.
Salami’s new role as head of economic advisory council was made know by the state Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr Kingsley Fanwo on Thursday in a statement made available to newsmen in Lokoja.
“As a bold move to stir a revolution in the economy of Nigeria’s most promising state in terms of natural and human resources, the Government of Kogi State has made an audacious move to set up an Economic and Advisory Council.
“The rationale behind setting up the EAC is to provide evidence-driven decision making and rigorous evaluation of the economy. The Council will systematically take stock of the most recent trends in economic development, applied economic methods, poverty analytics, evaluation methods, and modelling, measuring, and evaluating development interventions.
“An all-embracing purpose of the Economic Advisory Council will be to sharpen the Kogi State Government’s analytical methods and capacity in support of continuing development effectiveness.
“The EAC will provide advice to KGSG on issues related to growth and development at the Local and State Government levels and this will include:
1. New perspectives on economic development;2. Innovative approaches to economic growth;3. Innovations in Program and Project evaluation;4. Poverty and income Dynamics;5. Social and Infrastructural Development and the economics of gender; and6. Other innovations in the field of development economics, growth and evaluation.
“Convening experts in an advisory role will serve to inform the KGSG on the success of its economic program development and measurement of results, shape future policy decisions and methodology, and enhance economic programs and economic growth.
“The EAC will serve as a reference group for assessing and advising on methodological directions and innovations for the economic improvement of the state.
“As a State, we are proud to unleash Kogites who have excelled nationally and globally on the current economic reality with the aim of bringing our finest brains together to move the State forward with the ultimate goal being the need to reduce poverty and underdevelopment in our dear state.
The EAC which has 36 members is to be chaired by Mr. Aliyu Onfa Salami, while Joseph Makoju, Chief Kola Jamodu are to serve as members amidst others.
The EAC has 36 members as follows:
S/NO NAME POSITION ZONE
- Mr. Aliyu Inda Salami Chairman Central
- H.E Amb Olusiji Godwin Aina Alternate Chairman West
- Chief Engr Joseph Makoju OON, OFR (FNSE) Member Central
- Chief Kola Jamodu CFR (FCA) Member West
- Dr. Aheruvoh David Ohiku Member Central
- Dr. Emmanuel E. Onoja, Ph.D, FCA Member East
- Chief Abdulrazaq Isa Kutepa Member West
8 Mr Segun Adaju Member West
- Prof. S .I. Ocheni, Ph.D, FCNA Member East
- Mr. Ola Oyelola Member West
- Musa Jimoh Otaru Member Central
- Mr. Isah Shaibu Member Central
- Prof. Seidu O. Muhammed Member East
- Mr John Obaro Member West
- Mr. Lawal Itopa Lamidi, FCA Member Central
- Dr. Isah Abdullahi Member East
- Prof. Sule Jafaru, Ph.D Member East
- Dr Audu Dangana, Ph.D Member East
- Prof . John O. Alabi, Ph.D Member West
- HE Amb. Shola Rafiu Enikanolaye Member West
- Mr. Tunde Ayeni Member West
- Prof. Suleiman A. S. Aruwa, Ph.D Member East
- Engr. Ismail Akaba Member Central
- Mr. Thomas Etu Member East
- Alh. Abubakar Sanusi Gamji Member Central
- Ebi Atawodi Member East
- Dr. Ronke Bello PhD. Member West
- Mr. Tony Okpanachi, MD DBN Member East
- Mr. Korede Adedayo Member West
- Hajia Dr. Halima Alfa Member East
- Mr Gimba N. Baba Member Central
32 Dr. Suleiman Adejoh Member East
- Dr. Michael Abuh, Ph.D Member East
34 Hajia Ladi Ibrahim FNA Member Central
- Prof. Joshua Okpanachi, Ph.D Secretary East
- Mr. Abdullateef A. Bello Recorder MFB & EP