The Communique released at the end of the Northern Filmmakers Association of Nigeria (NFAN) Maiden Summit held at Lily Grand Hotel, Lokoja, Kogi State on 14th November, 2020
Consequent upon the agreement of Northern Filmmakers to come together and operate under an umbrella body which will protect the interest of Filmmakers in the North, the members of the NORTHERN FILMMAKERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (NFAN) registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, held a Summit on Saturday, 14th of November, 2020 in Lokoja, Kogi State and the following decisions were reached:
- That the Northern Filmmakers Association of Nigeria (NFAN) recognises Association of Movie Producers, Nigeria as a Mother body of Film Producers in Nigeria.
- That the National Executives and State Coordinators are commissioned to operate fully as National Executives and State Executives with Executive Authorities headed by the National President at the National and State Chairmen/Chairpersons at the State Chapters.
- That all current serving National and State Executives are to run their offices for a tenure of three (3) years and conduct elections to elect new Executives at the end of their tenure.
- That NFAN considers training and capacity building in Filmmaking as a priority and core objective of it formation. In this regard, FILMS & AFRICAN ARTS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (FaADEC Film House) has been approved as the official Training Centre for NFAN Members.
5.That NFAN has scheduled it first Training/Capacity building for its members to hold in the first quarter of 2021 in FaADEC Film House, Abuja. All the 20 State Chapters are directed to ensure that members from their Chapters attend the training.
- That NFAN is determined to create a Marketing Network for all Films and Television Contents Produced by it members.
- That NFAN will pay Advocacy visits to Distribution Platforms and Contents Acquisition Channels to solicit for market for members Contents.
- That Producers in NFAN shall encourage the idea of involving other Chapters in their Productions for thhe purpose of Development, Promotion and Distribution of their Films.
- That NFAN will not discriminate in terms of religion, gender, ethnic or political factors within her members but shall encourage merit, professionalism and good contents in the course of Filmmaking.
- That NFAN shall have a Website where members can access relevant Film information for the purpose of growing our Film Industry in the North.
- That NFAN members are entitled to membership certificate and ID Card on registration.
- That all State Chapters shall be inaugurated within the shortest possible time. A memo to that effect will be written to the Chapter Chairmen/Chairpersons.
- That NFAN shall set up a Special Committee to handle issues of Sexual harrasment, Violence against Filmmakers, Maltreatment of Actors, Violation of Rights of Filmmakers and other forms of abuse as they affect Northern Filmmakers.
- That NFAN National and State Executives should immediately embark on Advocacy visits to relevant MDAs, Individuals and Institutions with a view to establishing a mutually beneficial relationship.
- That this Summit, held in Lokoja, Kogi State marks the beginning of a new era for Filmmakers within the Northern region. And that NFAN is committed and resolved to work and ensure the development of the Northern region and so called for developmental partnership with other Professional Guilds and Associations in the Film Industry and outside the Film Industry, entertainment industry in general, as well as continental collaborations.
- Veteran Victor Decker,
- Umar Yakubu Ali
- Daniel Solomon
Adamawa State Chapter Chairman